Alpaca fleece is an ideal filling material for bed quilts
Why is Alpaca fleece is so good as a filling material in quilts and bedding products?
There are many reasons which when combined together with skill and experience, create the softest and warmest quilts on the market -
- Soft with a luxurious feel - this is due to alpacas' smooth fibre structure which is actually similar to cashmere
- Lightweight - alpaca fleece is a semi hollow fibre - air is trapped to warm you
- Comfortably warmth - approximately 25% warmer than wool on weight for weight basis
- Moisture absorbent - very important in bedding, to keep you dry i.e. cool in summer and warm in winter
- High strength - durable and long life (with proper care)
- Good loft and resiliency
- Natural, chemical free and environmentally friendly fibre
- Non allergenic - alpaca fleece does not contain lanolin
- Naturally flame retardant
We are specialists in designing and manufacturing the finest quality Australian made pure alpaca quilts and doonas. With nearly two decades of experience you can trust us for innovative design, quality and customer service.
We design, manufacture and distribute two brands of pure alpaca quilts and doonas -
The Kelly & Windsor brand, Alpaca Gold quilts are our most popular pure alpaca quilts and are sold through selected Australian retailers and into export markets. The finest alpaca quilts in our range.
Under the Australian Alpaca Bedding company brand we offer the Alpaca Luxury collection of pure alpaac quilts
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Now in its 19th year, Wednesday the 22nd of May is National Simultaneous Storytime (NSS) across Australia. The picture story book selected for 2019 is Alpacas with Maracas by Matt Cosgrove. Alex the baby alpaca and his fleece flew to Queensland last week and will be helping children learn about alpacas.