OptiFill, a clever pillow filling system by Kelly & Windsor
Most pillows are usually filled by blowing loose filling fibres into the pillow case with compressed air. This filling system is quite good at filling the corners but often the fibre is uneven inside with the pillow tending to unevenly clump together interrupting a restful night’s sleep.
The alternative pillow filling system is by inserting a carded wad of fibre into the pillow case. Initially this looks better as the fill is more even but usually the corners are empty. With regular use a pillow made with an inside wad of fibres can often 'break' and cause holes and lumps inside the pillow.
The new Kelly and Windsor OptiFill alpaca pillow is constructed with a quilted wad of fibre filling which is inserted inside the pillow case. This new and innovative filling system ensures that the pillow will keep its shape and that the corners will remain filled. As the filling is internally quilted the filling fibre will not break into lumps or move around, giving longer life with a smoother and more even luxurious appearance. We have three loft options available.
The ultimate in sleeping comfort and support
- The OptiFill alpaca pillows are filled with a blend of Australian alpaca fleece and hollow core high performance polyester fibre. This combination results in a luxurious softness and comfort together with an excellent loft and resiliency for comfort and long life.
- The pillow case is a boxed wall design using a high thread count superfine 100% cotton sateen fabric. The pillow is designed to provide a uniform sleeping profile combined with an improved smoother and even appearance on your bed. The pillows are finished with a sliver piping and new satin sash for that added touch of luxury.Three new profile options - a choice to suit everybody!
- LOW Loft- for those sleepers who like a thinner pillow
- MID - the most popular option - soft yet supportive
- HIGH Loft - ideal as a second pillow for reading in bed or a fuller comfort pillow
Pillow dimensions: 70cm x 45cm x 6cm (Standard Australian pillow size)
The filling of our Alpaca OptiFill pillows hasn't changed from previous versions; a blend of 50% alpaca fleece (for softness, moisture absorbency and warmth) and 50% high performance polyester fibre (to give the pillow long-term loft, resiliency and support) for your ultimate sleeping comfort.
The OptiFill Alpaca Pillows were released in February 2014 and are available from selected bedding stores or can be purchased on this site.
A perfect night's sleep starts with a good pillow - treat yourself to one or maybe as a gift for that special person.