We are very proud of our history, a lot of milestones and success
2001 - The K&W start up
- Company and manufacturing facility established with the acquisition of fibre processing and quilting equipment.
- Commenced business in manufacturing furniture cushions and non-woven fibre fill product ranges.
2002 - The K&W brand vision
- Initial design and testing of bedding quilts made with specialty fibres including alpaca, cashmere, mohair, Lyocell and silk.
- Kelly & Windsor brand established.
- Strategic exclusive alliance agreement with the Australian Alpaca industry to develop alpaca bedding accessories.
- Commenced design and testing of alpaca quilts.
2003 - Launch of the K&W brand
- Launch of the new Kelly & Windsor brand of luxury alpaca quilts - Alpaca Classic Collection.
- Released through David Jones, a leading Australian premium department store.
- First website was launched.
2004 - The first exports
- Released Alpaca Classic underblankets and pillow and Alpaca Light (alpaca/cotton) bedding range.
- Exhibited at Heimtextil fair, Germany.
- First exports to Hong Kong.
2005 - Alpaca Gold, a superstar
- Alpaca Gold (pure alpaca) quilt range released.
- Exhibited at Heimtextil fair, Germany, second year.
- First exports to Japan.
- New website launched.
2006 - More new collections
- Released the "His & Hers" dual weight quilt design in the Alpaca Gold and Alpaca Classic styles.
- Upgraded carding and pillow lines.
- First exports to China & Taiwan.
2007 - Technical innovations
- Installed needle fabric equipment to manufacture alpaca and wool blend fabrics for the craft and interlining business.
- Acquired multi needle quilting equipment.
- Exhibited at Shanghai Intertextile Home Textile and the Shanghai Furnishing Fair.
2008 - A new brand
- Alpaca Softop (needle felt fabrics) released.
- The Australian Alpaca Bedding Company brand name established with its own product range.
- First online sales site launched.
2009 - Contract OEM started up
- Introduction of UltraSoft seamless quilt design, patent pending.
- Upgrade of all alpaca quilting collections.
- Establishment of contract manufacturing business - quilted, needled and non-woven textile products.
2010 - Exports surge
- Exports expanded into China, Korea and Taiwan.
- Exhibited at the Hong Kong Home Textiles fair.
- Expansion of business into high performance products eg flame retardant bedding, fire protection screens.
- Launched the Australian Country Wool range of wool quilts, duvets, doonas, comforters and underblankets.
2011 - Plant upgrades
- Two new quilting lines purchased and installed for super king sizes for Australia and International markets.
- Exhibited at the Hong Kong Home Textile fair, second year.
- TV shopping in Taiwan, one show over a weekend, a total sell out.
2012 - A big year
- Exhibited at the Hong Kong Home Textile fair, third year.
- Exhibited at Shanghai Home Textile fair.
- Accredited as an approved supplier to the Australian Department of Defence, Royal Australian Navy for flame retardant bedding products (quilts, pillows, linen and quilt covers) for submarine and surface vessels.
- Released Alpaca Bamboo quilt collection, a world's first innovation in natural bedding.
- TV shopping in Taiwan, second year and sold out
2013 - On line shopping
- Launched new marketing website with updated on line shopping facility.
- Exhibited at Heimtextil fair, Frankfurt, Germany, third year.
- TV shopping in Australia with 6 shows, all sold out
2014 - A record year of growth
Exhibited at Heimtextil fair, Frankfurt, Germany, fourth year.
Exhibited at Intertextile home wares fair, Shanghai, China
Exhibited at Maison Objet home wares fair, Paris, France
Extended the range of Alpaca Bamboo quilt collection - a 300gsm lightweight and a 600gsm super warm version released.
Acquired state of the art embroidery equipment for new quilt design collections
2015 - European sales program launched
- Kelly & Windsor Europe BV, a 100% subsidiary incorporated in Netherlands to support the European sales program.
- Designed and released the world's first All Seasons alpaca quilt collections - Alpaca Bamboo and Gold
- Exhibited at Heimtextil, Frankfurt, fifth year
- Exhibited at Maison Objet, Paris, second year
2016 - Record export orders
- Exhibited at Heimtextil, Frankfurt, sixth year
- Kelly & Windsor Europe BV in Netherlands set up with Ilse van den Brand, European Sales manager
- Two sales visits to Europe to launch the brand, positive and first orders taken with high end Netherlands and Belgium retailers
- Production capacity expanded with plant & process initiatives
- Largest order for export to Taiwan shipped
- New web site launched with mutli store, multi lingual and multi currency features